Monday, May 11, 2009

The long and short of it.

The long.......

Today was a dr. day. I took Luke for his 2 month check-up, Ty had his 2 year check-up, & and we added Anna to the mix because she complained of an ear ache the night before. Anyhow, turned out Anna does have a slight ear infection, Ty is doing great, and then we come to Luke. First off, he's a sturdy 13lbs. 3 oz......24 inches!!!!! Sophia, you have him beat....but you hide it so very well in those cute thighs of yours :) Here's where the story gets long. He has a nasty cough, which she heard in the office.....so she did a nasal smear to test for rsv & the flu & said we'd have to take it over to the lab at the hospital. Then she goes on to say, I'm gonna also have him get a chest x-ray and his oxygen levels checked. REAL casually, she adds, "and depending on his oxygen levels, he may have to be admitted". WHAT???? I had no idea she was getting to that....I was just hoping that wouldn't be the case. So, we headed over to the hospital &, luckily, his oxygen was great.....super news!!!!! So then we went on to Walmart to pick up Boo's prescription & wait for the dr. to call with the other results: no rsv.....no flu!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank goodness!!! She just said to give him saline drops to loosen the mucous so that he doesn't choke on the drainage (sorry for the detail). He was still coughing pretty bad this morning, but doesn't seem bothered by it, & no fever. So hopefully it really is just the annoying cough that seems to be hanging on at our house!



The short.......

So, while we were waiting in walmart I asked the girls if they wanted to get a haircut & they both screamed "yes" & started jumping up & down & clapping & dancing around......for some reason my kids get oh-so excited about "going somewhere" to get their haircut, whatever the reason, I'll take it!!!! Honestly though, I should be the one so excited about this......I got to stand there & watch Ty, Ella, & Anna sit so still & so quietly while they simultaneously got cuts, which took 15 minutes total!!!! Ty got the cut which I normally TRY to give him....cute. Anna just got a trim telling me: "Mommy, I only want a trim cause Papa likes my hair long"! I told her it didn't matter what he thought & asked her if SHE wanted it long. She said yes, so a trim she got.....not much different. Then on to Ella....the lady & I apparently weren't communicating well together.......her hair got butchered. Front to back, her hair was about 4 inches different in length, with all these crazy layers in between, not what I had in mind for my sweet little Ella!!!!!!! I called Jed, wanting to cry, over her horrible cut....which he, in true Jed style replies, "it's only hair, hon...it'll grow back". He doesn't understand. I am determined to try and fix her hair, so after dinner we race around town, hoping that some hair place is open & can take her........Jed is less than pleased with me. We totally luck out with Cara, who transformed Ella's disaster cut into the cutest little bob I could have ever imagined!!!!! Here's the best part.......for 5 bucks!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it? The other plus is that I'll no longer have to battle her while trying to brush her hair.....THAT was getting pretty bad, I have no idea how you do it, Allison!




Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

allison said...

Glad Luke wasn't admitted! That would't have been fun for anyone. Can you believe that Joshua's oxygen levels have lingered in the 60's? scary. But any illness can be pretty scary with an infant!
I just cut Abby and Callie's hair last week. Well, maybe trimmed is the right word! It is still really long, but even a couple of inches makes brushing it SO much easier!
Ella looks so cute & I can tell she likes it too! $5 well spent!

Mary said...

Adorable cut, well worth the trouble!

Jackson Family said...

So happy to hear that all the tests were fine! How scary for you! As I read the story I kept picturing you at Wal-mart and at the hospital with all 4 kids---your kids must behave very well in public. I have a difficult time just taking Adi grocery shopping, it has got to the point where I have to leave her at home with David! Ella looks absolutely adorable in her new hairdo! Very Precious!!!!!

The Shaffer Family said...

How stinkin adorable!!!

The Shaffer Family said...

Glad to hear all of your tests came back clear!!

Hetrick family said...

When it comes to cute, even an attempted mullet cut can't take Ella down. She comes back from it CUTER THAN EVER!!

Oh Elle...if only we all were so lucky! Her smile screams "I know I am darling!"
You sure are Sweetie, you sure are!!

We'll see you Saturday! Alivia is SO excited for the sleepover!!

Aimee said...

Jenny, I hope you don't mind, but periodically my daugther and I enjoy checking out your blog. Alaina is intrigued by your little ones, I couldn't help but read about your day and was floored, because we had the same exact scenario in Feb. with are youngest. From all the testing to the possible admission. I'm glad to here all the tests were negative, none of that is very fun. By the way you have a beautiful family and a darling new addition. Hope you don't mind us looking. Aimee (Shaffer)

Anonymous said...

jenny
her hair looks sooooo cute. and for 5 bucks.
aunt ann

Fresh-You said...

Darling!!! She's such a stylish young lady! It will be fun when Anna gets a short one SOMEDAY. I still think you should have had a before and after, but for Ella's sake it's probably best to let the memory slip away! Hope you had an awesome run! Great job with all the awesome posts!!!