Saturday, May 08, 2010

Some REVVED-UP party fun...


....celebrating Ty's 3rd Birthday!



We weren't surprised when Ty wanted a "CARS" party, as he LOVES the movie, but the "snot runner cake" (aka: snot rod) he requested did come as a bit of a surprise! I thought for sure he'd want Lightning McQueen or Mater....but no, he was dead set on a "snot runner cake", so I made my best attempt :) He was THRILLED with it!!! Turns out, that's about all he wanted. Like his Daddy, crowds aren't really Ty's thing....especially one that puts him at the center of attention. But, after opening a few gifts, he warmed up to the idea a bit & managed to enjoy his day! We didn't put him through many group photos, but Thanks for coming everyone...we love you all :)




Here he is, a bit MORE himself....celebrating a few days later, on his "actual" birthday, with just us...




...and some leftover "snot runner cake" :)


He couldn't have been happier!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

allison said...

Wow, what a cake!!! & the cookies too!!! I can see why he's so excited...I was excited seeing it on the computer screen:)
Happy 3rd Birthday!!!

Mary said...

Seriously, that cake is great! I also spied the cookies and the treat bags on the mantel...I'm sure it was a great party.
I love the shot with the chainsaw. Julian had one like that but it was so loud, I couldn't wait for the batteries to die!

Fresh-You said...

You're getting up-to-date! Your kids all have such great smiles! Happy kids :) Happy birthday Ty! I think Carla will be really excited to see these pics of Ty and his cake! You should be a professional cake maker! Hope camping was fun!

Hetrick family said...

I love Ty's beaming grin and his sweet, shy-ish, just like Daddy personality!!! He such is a sweetheart that "little sneaker"!! hahaha

His snot rod cake was a perfect match...making picking a favorite cake of yours a complete impossibility now. There are simply too many amazing options!

Thanks so much for coming for the day yesterday. My kids had the best day ever!!

The Laws said...

Ty, every time I see a photo of you I just think, "you little sneaky sneaker." What a great birthday, we love you!!