Sunday, May 16, 2010

Run For The Red Marathon


We headed East, to the Pocono Mountains, mainly so that I could run my second marathon...but it turned out to be an amazing little family getaway too! The marathon was incredible....& not just because I qualified for Boston :) The course was scenic & the race director & volunteers made you feel like family...such a smalltown marathon & I loved it! Mom, Dad, Lara, Jeff, & Grant joined Jed & the kids to cheer me on throughout the race....thanks everyone, it meant so much to have you there!



After the race, we all drove to Big Pocono State Park & took in some beautiful views while the kids took in some much needed sleep! Then we headed back to our hotel, The Chateau Resort, to relax in the pool & hot tub & hang out (literally....who knew those luggage carts could be such fun?).


Later, Ty discovered this w/ my award:



I honestly think I peed my pants laughing!


After a good night's sleep, we headed a bit further East to Bushkill Falls. The place has TONS of steps & LOTS of heights. We laughed thinking it wasn't really the ideal place for me, in post-marathon recovery mode...or for Jed, who is fairly terrified of heights...not to mention with 5 kids in tow.


However, it was absolutely gorgeous & we thoroughly enjoyed the hours we spent exploring these falls together.


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Fresh-You said...

Aaah, how nice! Love all the family pics, and the one of you and Jed (and Luke:) is really nice. What a beautiful place to see and explore, and an intense recovery workout! Congrats on an amazing race!!! Love the pic with that phenomenal time!

Hetrick family said...

I love you getting the blog caught up!! You're so close too because I remember exactly where I was when you called to say you had QUALIFIED (on the drive to Amber's wedding).

These pictures are great. You got so many good shots of ALL of you together. The area looked beautiful, that time blows my mind, and the fact that you can handle those steps the next day has me excited to see what that NEXT marathon time will be (and WHERE it will be--fellow procrastinator...hehe).

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR AMAZING BOSTON QUALIFYING MARATHON--on only your second attempt!!! We are all so proud of you!!!

Hetrick family said...

and another thing...Ty looks like the guy from the Goonies with that trophy doing that to his eyes!! hahahaha!!

The Laws said...

What a great race and day!!! We had so much fun making all our "check points" to see and cheer you on. Thanks for making it like a little vacation for us too, it's so beautiful there. It really was a great location for a race. Way to go Jenny and thanks for the great memories!