Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Before & After!


These were some fun collages to make of our house, as it was the day we bought it (Feb. 28, 2007):




And as it looks, upon our pending sale (set to close on Dec 19, 2008)! So many changes, it was neat to see them side by side. I almost forgot how bad all the wallpaper was....but could NEVER forget how hideous those bathrooms were! Unfortunately, no before pics of the family room and 4th bedroom (last 2 pics in bottom collage)...but what a difference a coat of paint makes!



Now we're house hunting & hoping to find the right place soon....as Jed said over the weekend "we're all packed up with no place to go"!!!!
He's been enjoying his new job for about a month now and really feels it's where he's supposed to be....and we're very excited to be closer to our families again, although we'll certainly miss our frequent get togethers with Lara and Jeff :(


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

cristy said...

What a beautiful home. I can't believe how much you guys did in a year and a half. The land is great! I am thoroughly jealous. I can't wait to see what your next home looks like.

The DeMotte Seven said...

OMG, You are a true visionary Jen! I had forgotten what the original looked like! WOW! You would think Jed didn't work full time and you didn't have 4.5 kids! I can't wait to see the transformation in the next one, NEIGHBOR!

Hetrick family said...

Wow, I've seen the changes happen and I still can't get over the transformation.

I knew full well your amazing skills though, so I wasn't worried when you moved into the Retro house :)

The basement looks SO different. I think that was all I hadn't seen. Oh, and the kitchen floor (GORGEOUS!).

You both could just start flipping houses--such talent!

Jackson Family said...

What a change---you guys did amazing work on the place. And to think that you did it all with 4 kids! I couldn't believe the wallpaper and bathroom before--talk about hideous! Beautiful home--and I pray that you find another perfect place in Clarion!

Mary said...

What a great house, Jenny. We only see places like that in California on House Hunters!