Saturday, September 26, 2009

A marathon of a weekend!

We debated this quote found on a sign along the marathon course:
"The miracle is not that I finished, the miracle is that I had the courage to begin"

Thanks to everyone who came to cheer me on, that really meant a lot! And a huge thanks to Colleen for being an awesome training partner via telephone :) Congratulations on your amazing race (3:35) & qualifying for Boston!!!!
Despite a slower time than I'd hoped for (3:42) & just missing Boston, it was a great 1st marathon experience and I really learned a lot about myself. I will definitely be doing it again!!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The DeMotte Seven said...

You are, for sure, my hero! We were all so proud of you that day!!! Can't wait to see how the next one goes!

Hetrick family said...

We wouldn't have missed it.

It was so amazing to watch, I can't imagine how YOU must have felt!!

Congrats Jen, you continue to inspire me.

That Boston time doesn't stand a chance against you!!

cristy said...

Amazing time! Especailly for your first. It looks as if you just missed Boston by a hair. By my estimates, you'll be sailing through to Boston next year!