Sunday, March 18, 2012

It's a Girl!!!


No, sorry, we don't know what we're having......it's a BIRTHDAY Girl!
Ella Bella is 6!
Again (like the past 2 years!), she insisted on a "baby" party. This has nothing to do with us expecting a baby and EVERYTHING to do with her love of babies :) So we went with it...right down to the baby shower balloon and "New Baby" plates that she picked!





Thursday morning started out, as it should! I was volunteering in her class that afternoon and decided to surprise her with McDonald's and have lunch with her beforehand. It was great....maybe too great....because as soon as we got back to class & started writing, little Ella just started tearing up and crying! Her teacher was at a loss & said "I never see this side of her"! Leave it to Mom to bring out the worst. The problem was she wanted me to stay or to come home with me, neither of which was happening....so she cried for a good 15-20 minutes! I felt horrible that she was so upset, especially on her birthday! Her teacher was awesome about it....pulled Ella aside and did the "teacher" thing....then she slowly got it together. One little boy in her class, David, was so concerned about her being upset and really tried to help. The pregnancy hormones are flowing here, so David nearly had me in tears with his sweetness ;) Anyhow, David suggested Ella show me her journal.....just what we needed! We giggled at her stories & pictures & Ella was back to herself.....phew!.....just in time to head to computer! So much for writing!!!! Moral of the story: I'm only volunteering in the morning.....by the afternoon she's just too tired and seeing Mommy puts her in a tailspin!




After all of that, I came home to make Ella's cupcakes!
She LOVED them!!! Babies...what's not to love??
This is the look of sheer joy.....as Ella opens the only thing she really wanted: high heels!!!!
Sometimes I wonder if she really is my daughter......


She almost teared up again after blowing out her candles because she forgot to make a wish! We quickly did a "take 2"........then she whispered to me "Mom, I wished that you will be with me forever" :)

After cake and ice-cream, she put on her pj's and nearly passed out on the couch. We could tell she had been pretty tired all day....reminded us of Berenstain Bears' "Too Much Birthday"!!!
Thanks to everyone for making our sleepy 6 year old feel extra special!

7 comments:

Hetrick family said...

OH Ellie...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

I can just picture you looking just like Sister Bear, exhausted from that great day!

I LOVE the balloon and your adorable cupcakes!!!! Your Mama sure knows how to party! Your new baby brother or sister hit the jackpot by having you to love them. You are going to be the best Little Mommy ever!

Hetrick family said...

P.S. I totally think it IS a girl. "Jenna Fiscus" has been a long time coming. Just seems right.

However, if it is a boy I will happily eat my words at your perfect Even-Steven family.

The Fiscus Family said...

You mean Brady Bunch!!!!

The Fiscus Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hetrick family said...

Brady Bunch. Love it. :)

summertime said...

Wow Amy - you were right! Psychic! What else do you think?

summertime said...

Let's go, jenny. Post some pictures!!!