Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The first day of school


These two were up & ready an hour before they needed to be! I guess you could say they were a little excited. I expected that from Emma. She's starting 2nd Grade & LOVES school! Anna on the other hand decided only about 5 months ago that she'd probably go to school. Today, though, she was as ready as ever for her 1st day of Kindergarten! She was brimming over with excitement & didn't have a single worry as to what the day would hold....you couldn't help but be happy for them both!




Ella had a practice run for next year.....backpack & all :)



I don't think Elle missed her big sisters too terribly, as she & Ty played their normal "Mommy & Daddy" most of the day.....although, at one point, she did say, "Mom, I can't believe Anna's in Kindergarten!" She got so excited for them to come home that we ended up spending a half hour, at the end of the driveway, in anticipation of their arrival! Now that I think of it, she may have just been anxious to finally have one of these back to school treats we made for them!



The second they got home they were both raving about their days & their teachers & the rules & they went on & on...it seriously lasted for almost an hour! It was absolutely heartwarming to hear how much they loved everything!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

The DeMotte Seven said...

Yeah! SO glad the girls loved their first day. I LOVE the pictures. Thanks so much for putting them up in such a timely manner!!! Can't wait to see you guys!

The Laws said...

Great they had a FANTASTIC day!! I would have loved to hear them go on and on about their day. I'm sure it was a cute conversation! Ella, you'll be there in no time!!

Mary said...

I'd much rather eat your kind of 'apple' any day!

The girls look so cute in their school clothes. I love how Emma can coordinate her new glasses with her outfits!

Hetrick family said...

How precious!! :) They look absolutely excited and thrilled and so darn pretty!!!

I am so glad that they love it and now have this experience to share. I will be anxious to talk to them both about it.

The apple cupcakes are gorgeous!!

Fresh-You said...

How very exciting for the girls AND Mom! So nice that they love to share with you all of their stories :)

Unknown said...

Super cute school outfits. They're really starting to look like big girls now. ...and I'm jealous they can wear flip flops to school!!