Sunday, June 08, 2008

Let the summer fun begin!

For the moment, frogs seem to be the most popular "pet" with the girls. This little guy was held captive by them for several hours and he was both entertaining and educating :) They took turns holding him and taking care of him and they were especially excited to watch him swim in their pool, announcing to me as I came to watch, "Mommy, I welcome you to our swimming frog"!!!! Later, Emma came over to me VERY concerned...she had noticed his two "hands" were different. Sure enough, his one hand didn't have any "fingers". I asked her what she thought happened, to which she quickly replied, " I think it's Mommy had to get the fans out, to cool the house down, and he put his hand in the fan and chopped his fingers off". That's one explanation!!! To make a long story short, I went on to tell her it's probably how God made him, how he makes us all different...inside and out, and went on to say..."like Isabella's...".....and she finished my sentence with....."Oh yes Mommy, I get it, like Isabella's hemangioma and Josh's tummy (close) and Daddy's back"....that last one cracked me up!!!!!!!! Anyhow, thought I'd share cause it was such a cute conversation :)




Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Hetrick family said...

Ok, that story it too precious. First of all I love that she knows the word "hemangioma". It sounds like she was reviewing her prayer list....so sweet. I am just wondering what she sees different about Daddy's back :) All the pictures are great. Ty-boys love of all thinks resembling a slip n slide is adorable!! See you tomorrow!

Hetrick family said...

side note: how gorgeous is that picture of Ellie-belly???

Unknown said...

That is really funny! I love the questions kids ask. Even more than that, I love hearing what they think the answer is! When Lukes kids met Josh & saw him wearing just his diaper they wanted to know what happened to his tummy. They were very concerned. It was cute. If only it really were just his "tummy" that had a problem!
Cute pictures!